Monday, September 22, 2008

The best comfort of all

So, been a bit upset lately that my cousin J, is leaving to go to Switzerland again. This has been an endless drama for a while now..quick background: her and husband M have lived in Switzerland for 12 years, J had a horribly traumitizing pregnancy and birth, and had many, many physical and psycological problems as a result.

For several months, it has been a constantly changing and evolving storyline..is she going? Is he coming? how long is she going to be gone? Will their son adapt well? etc etc.

She is leaving tomorrow. We had a playdate with Owen and her son all day on Friday,and I just didn't want it to end. Even when Owen was in the midst of his 3 hour nap. But, it did. They needed to get going. J and I were going to see each other on Saturday to have a pedicure and go shopping and just hang out. Each time after she departed, I became very upset, crying, sniffling, and shaking. At one point, Owen "patted" my head, and asked me if I was sad. I told him yes, because I am going to miss J. He put his finger to his lips, said "Hmmmm", patted me on the head again and said "We go to the playground and swing"-he paused- "Swinging makes you happy".

It was great. Trying to be positive, know she is coming back in a really short amount of time, but still...going to miss her, but trying not to be sad!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara- I know this is scary because last time she left, you didn't see her for SO long, bu t this is different- you have reestablished your strong bonds and that can't be broken....I know it hurts..irfbx....love you , sue

elastic waistland said...

Aha! I'm guessing this the change of which you spoke on FB! So sad - but it's not forever. And maybe you could swing a trip to visit her while she is there? THat would be fun!