Thursday, September 4, 2008

Love Me Not So Tender

The Boy is brutal. Ruthless. A savage.
he hates me.

He has been coming out with such little gems such as "Don't want you for a mommy", "don't like you", "don't want you", "go away", "bad mommy", "You're NOT my mommy".
Most of these were in the course of one day. And up until that point? We had had a blast. I wonder what he'll say to me when we have a bad day??!!

I honestly try not to take it personally..he also does it to his beloved Nana. Trying to remember he is clinging to his male role models (and I am SO thankful to have 2 great men around, day by day trying to teach him to be a good person, and a strong, good man some day). But still. I try not to react, I try to say "I love you, even tho you don't like me", all that crap. But it still really hurts. Oh! And the best part? He furrows his brows together, and points a single tiny finger in my direction when he is saying it.

Now I know why people want another baby once their first one hits 2 years old..a little helpless creature that can't talk back and hurt you so badly.
Maybe we'll look into getting a puppy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got to love the finger pointing!!! Diego does that to me also and it is usually accompanied by a "Right NOW!!" As he tells me exactly what I am to do or not to do. From my experience so far 2 was hard, 3 was worse but 4 is better. Love you-
Jenny

Karyn said...

3 is hideous.

You MUST remember my days of enduring "I don't want you for a mother"...it is not forever.