Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Sound of (Almost) Silence

My, my..what a busy month July turned out to be! My mother came down for a week to visit with Phineas. That is always an adventure, to say the least. We still do that little dance where I play Phin's mother, and she plays indulgent grandmother. That can be a very blurry line. It has definately improved from when I first had him, and I had zero confidence so I let her do everything. Admittedly, I learned a lot by watching. However, some things I just didn't want to do and it took some time for me to work up to actually telling her that. But, all in all, not bad. Gearing up for the August visit!!

Our friend M, hosted a birthday party for K. and made a delicious dinner. That was a good time. It was so much fun, and my body actually hurt from all the laughing that went on. It was nice to feel like a kid again!!




Finally, I got to connect with my cousin from Switzerland!! Once we spoke in complete honesty and I told her not to back out or make excuses (her mother and aunts were giving her a very hard time about seeing me) It was all better. I guess my little pep talk about being only concerned for her and her son gave her some courage and she spoke up. J and I were able to spend several days together with our boys and just catch up. It was so exciting that I finally got her to see my house and just hang out. She is on her way back to her mother's for about 2 weeks, then will be back on the Cape. YAY!! I miss her already, but I guess I can wait to see her again.



Hubby Russell went up to New Hampshire for a boys weekend. He is going to ride his ATV with his friend and just try to chill out. He has been under such immense stress and hope this will help him get some distance from it all. He needs it!

Lastly, we have adopted another cat. It is our very good friends cat, and he is moving, so best to give the cat a good ,stable home (and he picked ours??!) Anyway, the cat is adjusting nicely. Our older cats are actually ok with it, and there have been minimal hissing fits. If I can figure out to post his picture in the right place in the post, will let you see what he looks like!!

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Is it me or does that cat look like he's part skunk?

I hate that photo of me!!! Yikes! DELETE! DEEEEEEEEEE LEEEEEEEEEETE!

It is always so fun to laugh with you ... like nothing else.