Sunday, July 1, 2007

Pirate's Booty

The past few days I have considered myself very lucky to haul a Pirate's bountiful booty-I got to spend some unexpected time with my good friend, K. We went on a mission the other night to find a new summer bedspread and found a beautiful one (SCORE!) and she hunted high and low to find matching shams that go with the spread, since I was too cheap to spring an extra $80 on the shams that actually go with the spread.

Then, the very next day, we went food shopping together!! I know it doesn't seem like a huge deal, but we laughed and had a great time. It was wonderful spending time with her. She is going thru some serious crap now, and I feel like that is all I can do for her is give her my time.

So, that's it. Hopefully in the near future, we can have more adventures. Even if it is just food shopping. It makes such a tumultuous task a lot more fun when you have a conspiritor along for the ride~

2 comments:

Jeanne Tuthill said...

OMG! I can totally see you two conspirators making mischief and mayhem even amid the ketchup and Hamburger Helper! I wish I was there to join in on the fun!!!

Be sure to give K some hugs from me. I hope to see you both later this month...

Karyn said...

Oh we frolic in the fennel and we cavort in the cavatappi and we giggle through the garlic bread and we have ourselves a time. Yes indeedy. My favourite part is how you referred to going linen shopping as "an adventure". ;-)

Your time, btw, is invaluable and I would be lost without you.