Sunday, September 30, 2007

I'm no Betty Crocker, but...

..my honey has a sweet tooth. We,in fact, had nothing in the house since I neglected to do food shopping this weekend. So, John shows me a bag of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies and says "these will do". Fine. Now, John is talented in so many ways-he has an unbelievable technical/mechanical mind, he has a great eye for design, and he is very intelligent in general. Those are just a few reasons I love him to death. However, in all the years I have known him, never once have I seen him bake. Cook, yes. Grill, yes. Bake? nope.

So, he follows the instructions to a "T"..except the one about the size and placement of the cookies on the cookie sheet. He made gorilla sized cookies. That all blended into something that resembles an oatmeal chocolate chip pancake. They smell delicious, and they are nicely browned around the edges. But, they are distinctly squishy and flat in the middle.

Well, not everyone is perfect,right?
:-)
Thanks for the cookie attempt, sweetie. I love ya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what Sara? My favorite part is the middle just because it is the softest, gooeyest, and squishiest! Perfect is in the eye of the beholder :)

I'd like a cookie pancake, please!

Karyn said...

I'm a fan of the squishy cookie.

And of loving partners.