Sunday, March 16, 2008

Book 'em, Danno

Today, for the first time in my *ahem* many years, I witnessed an honest to goodness drug deal. I was innocently at the neighborhood convenience store to grab a newspaper and it went down right infront of me. A young man got out of one car, and into another parked car. They exchanged baggies and a wad o' cash. Right there! In front of me!! And the best part? They were parked right infront of the stores doors, which are videotaped. What are those awards that are "given" to the idiot criminals called? The Darwin Awards? Yep, I would like to officially nominate those 2 boneheads.

I know drugs are out there. I know they are EVERYwhere. But COME ON!! at the local store? That just isn't right. It is less than a mile from my home, a very busy place, and closer than the other stores located on the same street. Well, after todays visual/legal/moral offense, I can safely say I will travel the extra .8 miles to not see that again.

No comments: