Thursday, May 24, 2007

I admit it. I am an Addict.

Hello, my name is Sara and I am a photo taking, album making junkie. I developed this habit on March 20th, 2006. That was the first time I used the camera, and immediately got this instant high that I just try to keep recapturing. I love the instant gratification of a digital camera, to immediately see what I just saw with my own eyes, albeit thru a lens. And the pure adrenaline rush of visiting Snapfish, placing the order, selecting fun borders, adding text...it is overwhelming. The ultimate high, tho, comes when I get those precious blue envelopes in the mail. Now, THAT is pure delirium.

Yesterday I arrived home from work, Phin in tow, and saw the brown box sitting on the porch. I could not at that exact moment reach to get it, as I was weighed down with 2 armfuls of stuff. After safely depositing child and other miscellaneous crap in house, I rushed out to collect the goods. FOUR overstuffed envelopes of glorious, glossy finish photos.

I had to wait til Phin retired for the evening to organize all the pics chronologically and prepare to place them lovingly in their albums. Well, let me tell you. This set of pics (all 289 of them) essentially only cover THREE days. Of course, these days are very important-his birthday, his birthday party and his first haircut. I FILLED TWO ENTIRE ALBUMS. Phin is 14 months old, and has 12 albums to commemorate his first year.

Yep, I got myself an addiction.

3 comments:

Karyn said...

Dude, i TOLD you...

Still, better than that nasty crack habit you kicked.

;-)

Karyn said...

Okay - I'm kidding.

She didn't have a crack habit.

But seriously. Seriously.

Jeanne Tuthill said...

ROFL! I have quite a few carefully organized pictures of Girl #1.

Girl #2 also has her own set of pics in an album of her very own...although not quite as many pics as in Girl #1's...

Girl #3..well, what can I say. I've become slacker mom with #3. She has an album. It has a few pics from her first few months in it. The rest are on my computer waiting to be printed and organized and now that I'm so far behind on all three album I'm loathe to actually dig in and figure it all out.

Sigh...the life of a mom to three young'uns...