Thursday, May 10, 2007

An openly hostile letter

Please excuse me while I digress so early in the blogging process, but I JUST CAN'T LET THIS GO!!
Background: Cousin who grew up with me and was someone I considered my best friend, lived in Europe for several years, had a baby 3 months before me. Came for a visit in June 2006-had plans to meet up-NEVER HEARD FROM HER AGAIN despite numerous attempts. (She has a history of just ignoring people if she is upset/hurt/angry, and in this case, LIED to.)
So, please entertain me. I'll get back to Phineas after this. It is now coming up on a year since our last contact. There was no argument, no screaming. There was nothing. Just silence.

Dear J;
I SO hope you get your ass, somehow, someway to this letter. I am so upset that I get these waves of need to speak to you. Just when I think I have put the matter to bed, wiped my hands of it, BAM!! it comes and smacks me upside the face. It is very unsettling to be "dropped" by your own family. Honestly, I could care less what the others think, they are hypocrites who engineered this whole thing. It is sad that I still hold onto a glimmer of hope that when I open my email, there will be a note explaining everything. Perhaps you have been taken prisoner and brainwashed. (Folks, that is a serious suggestion. This family is frickin' nuts). I know you were very weak emotionally and physically when you returned home. Your illness while pregnant, and then dealing with an infant was very difficult. I am sorry that people you call your family took advantage of that and cut you away from me. Especially during this time when we could have been enjoying each other, and trying to figure out what these little humans want. We could have traded different techniques, advice and stories and taken our friendship to a whole new level. BABIES ARE SUPPOSED TO BRING PEOPLE TOGETHER, NOT RIP THEM APART. In this whole twisted scenario, I feel pity and sadness that you are depriving the kids of each other, and that you obviously can't think for yourself and pick up the FUCKING PHONE, write a letter, drop an email-Nothing. Your silence stings, your absence in my life has created a black hole of sadness, hostility, and confusion.

I really need to find a way to stop thinking of this. And I really need to get over it, and move on.
Suggestions???

3 comments:

Karyn said...

Suggestions!

Right!

1. You know that bat you're always talking about?

2. Give me her email address.

3. That big black hole she left in your life? Let's fill it with chardonnay,nutella,laughter and good times, baby, and she can just sit there on her bony ass for perpetuity, sucking it up in her miserable existence without you.

And I'm just getting started.

PS: Dear J. You suck. Signed, Me. And everyone else whose head ISN'T up their ass.

Jeanne Tuthill said...

Gosh. I think K hit the proverbial nail on the head...in so many creative and wonderful ways. What can I possibly add?

Other than the fact that SHE is the one missing out on wonderful YOU and dear little Phineas. So sad, too bad for her.

I have a similar relationship that I mourn (but not family so that gives yours that extra sting). I know that feeling of trying to just "let it go" and then having those feelings resurface without warning.

I can't offer any great advice...I can only say that in some small way, I understand.

Melissa said...

Just give me a pillowcase and a brick and I'll fix her little ass.
Just ask K.
Love, M.