Friday, May 25, 2007

Well butter my biscuit.

Whoa. Big happenings going on here. The most important of which is GUESS WHAT??

Yesterday, as I was feeding Phin his lunch, I was again overcome with the urge to contact my cousin I told you about in this little doozy of a post...
http://chroniclesofaboy.blogspot.com/2007/05/openly-hostile-letter.html

So, I picked up the phone and called. SHE ANSWERED. After getting over the initial shock of hearing her voice I found out what had happened. I don't want to get too into it, and violate her privacy, but HUGE medical issues resulting from her pregnancy which was very difficult. It caused her to essentially lose a year of her memory, and not to mention, she is now legally blind as a result of complications. She is also suffering from severe post partum depression, and post traumatic stress disorder. She is getting the help she so desperately needs thru medication,supervision, and therapy.

Surprisingly, I have let go of all the anxiety, stress, anger and hostility. I believe her. And I am just so thrilled to have her back. I realize that it may not be the same, and it may take a while because she has so many other things going on. But that is ok. She's back.

And I am happy and content with that.

3 comments:

Karyn said...

I'm sorry she is going through such a horror show, medically and emotionally, but I am glad you got what you needed by way of information and that you feel better for having that matter sorted.

She's lucky to have you; we all are.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

sara- this is called unconditional love.

sue

Jeanne Tuthill said...

Oh Sara. I'm so sorry for all that your cousin went through and continues to suffer from. I hope she can get back as much of her life as possible. What a nightmare it all sounds like. I can totally understand you letting go of everything. You are a good friend/cousin and you will be there for her however she needs you to be. That's just who you are. I'm sending some prayers her way and I hope you two can become close again like you once were.

(((HUGS))